This peach and bulgur salad with basil and mint is a fun play on tabbouleh. Peaches, basil, mint, and corn take the place of parsley, tomatoes, and cucumber to create a fresh summer salad with a lot to offer. The peaches are sweet, the bulgur is nutty, fresh basil adds a nice aroma to the salad while the mint brings its signature cooling sensation plus the sweet bites of corn are beyond satisfying. Best of all, no cooking is required as long as you use extra-fine bulgur wheat. Instead of boiling, just let the cracked wheat soak in the dressing for a bit, add the remaining ingredients, toss, and serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onion
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 cup extra-fine bulgur wheat
- 2 ripe peaches, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups canned corn, drained
- 2 cups chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (15-ounce) can sliced peaches, rinsed and drained
- Whisk the oil, lemon juice, zest, onion, a pinch of salt, and black pepper together in a large salad bowl.
- Add the bulgur wheat. Toss and let sit for 7 minutes.
- Add the fresh peaches, red bell pepper, corn, and herbs. Toss everything together until well combined.
- Cover with plastic and chill until ready to serve. Garnish each serving with a few canned peach slices.