Yields 3 cups
1 medium-sized English cucumber
½ tablespoon kosher salt
2 cups plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
½ tablespoon chopped fresh dill
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Peel the cucumber then remove the seeds and grate into a bowl.
2. Sprinkle with half a tablespoon of salt.
3. Let sit for 10-15 minutes to draw out the liquid.
4. Squeeze the cucumber to drain then pat dry with paper towels.
5. Transfer the cucumber to a bowl.
6. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
7. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.